Good News For People Who Love Good News

It occurred to me recently that most of my posts about life in Uganda (other than my life) have been a little gloomy, so I thought I would share a few tidbits of optimism.

First, our friend Mark, the accountant-cum-taxi driver, finally found a job at bank - at least hopefully. He has been invited to a week-long training, after which most of the participants will be offered jobs. Knowing Mark, I'm confident he'll be among them. Mark is always apologizing for the condition of his car - he gets low priority from Yellow Cab because he refuses to drive 7 days a week - but he's always quick to add, “It's the attitude that makes a man successful, not the car!” Right on, Mark, I couldn't agree more. Unless the car is a 2008 Audi TT coupe with 6-speed manual transmission, Pearl Silver exterior and black leather seats.

In other news, yesterday I was astonished to see the road crew at work again on “bad road,” paving over the dirt, completing the job they started a few weeks ago. However much I wish it were true, I doubt it was my online exposé that compelled the Kampala City Council to finish the roadwork, so I suppose I have to give them some credit. How could I be so cynical?

Lastly, the connection at 24/7 Internet Cafe has been decent lately, so I finally uploaded some pictures - not many, but enough to give you a flavor. Follow the link to the right and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chambura

Rainy Season

Gouda?